[wisb] This Weds, 7pm Wisconsin Metro Audubon Program, MKE County

  • From: Jennifer Ambrose <jenthreat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birders <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 20:02:55 -0500

> Wisconsin Metro Audubon Program*
> Please join us for our program
> Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:00 p.m.
> Wehr Nature Center
> 9701 W. College Avenue
> Wisconsin's Natural Heritage
>  OurThreatened and Endangered Species List
> Presented by Wisconsin Department of Resources Educator Dianne Robinson
>
>           Dianne Robinson, Wisconsin DNR educator, will provide
information about our present day threatened and endangered species.  The
list was updated in January of 2014.  Find out which species were added and
deleted from the list, and how this is decided.  We'll learn what special
protections are offered to plants and animals on the list.  There were no
protections 100 years ago for the Passenger Pigeon before it became
extinct, and this anniversary has us thinking about our relationship to
present day threatened species.