[wisb] Team "Bird's The Word" Big Day on Twitter

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 00:00:46 -0500

Hi all,
Since I probably won't be able to post this tomorrow, I'm posting it now. :)
I've had a few requests, from people who would like to follow me and my team
during our Big Day, to post regular updates on Wisbirdn.   I have done this
before to mixed effect. Therefore, I have a compromise.
During our Big Day run on Sat, I will try to post updates to my Twitter page
(this is actually easier than posting to Wisbirdn since I can post directly
from text message)  You can view the page at the link below. You do not need to
have a Twitter account.
http://twitter.com/Uppiesand

I will of course post updates on any rare birds we see directly to Wisbirdn.

On another note, I had a couple Warblers and a White-throated Sparrow go over
while loading my car this evening. Hopefully tonight is just the front scouts.
With the cold front still hanging over IL it looks like tomorrow night is going
to be the big one. Fingers crossed!! I still think Sat is going to be the most
perfect birding day I've had for a looong time. :D

Wish us luck!!  179 is my current Big Day high count. Hopefully we'll break
200! :D

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)