[wisb] T. Solitaire Weekly Update (Portage Co.)

  • From: tiger150@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 23:15:45 +0000 (UTC)

After his "Winter Break," the Townsend's Solitaire (TOSO) has been seen a lot.
Most, if not all, of the days I've seen him, he's been singing. I finally heard
him call (i.e. single rising whistled notes) a day or two ago, which was then
followed by much singing. What a treat! Here's the weekly update:

Saturday, Feb. 12: TOSO seen at 1:25, then from 2:25-2:45pm.
Sunday, Feb. 13: TOSO seen at 9am (also by someone else at the Science
Building; see person's post)
Monday, Feb. 14: TOSO not seen.
Tuesday, Feb. 15: TOSO seen from 8-8:30am, then from 4:20-4:45pm.
Wednesday, Feb. 16: TOSO seen from 7:50 (earliest time seen) to 8:50am, then
again from 2:45-3pm.
Thursday, Feb. 17: TOSO seen from 9-9:45am.
Friday, Feb. 18 (today): TOSO seen from 4-4:50pm (latest time seen.)

Keep in mind that he's probably around a lot more, for I am not in my dorm all
day.

Location: Mainly crabapple, but also Paper Birch, spruces, and Burning Bush
outside of Smith Hall on the east side of Reserve Street on the UW-SP campus in
Stevens Point.

Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Stevens Point, Portage Co.