[wisb] Swan

  • From: "Richard L. Smallwood-Roberts" <warbugs.smallwood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WisBirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 12:13:39 -0500

I see that a Whooper Swan is being reported in Columbia County.  Is there
any chance this swan was on the ponds by the Target in Sun Prairie, North
of 151 there at the intersection??  Last Tuesday, there was a solitary swan
on the smallest pond when I was making my way to the YMCA.  I didn't have
any optics with me, but it was a swan, but couldn't see it from the on-ramp
to 151 when I was done working out an hour or so later.  This was about 2
p.m. on Tuesday last.  It was definitely a swan.
--
Richard L. Smallwood-Roberts
Newville, Rock County