[wisb] Swainson thrush siting

  • From: "russell" <DRussell012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:42:42 -0600

Best siting for 2010 so far
I saw what I think is a swainson thrush the last couple days. It is coming to
the bird bath.
Even more surprising, I saw the little thing, from the warmth of my house, only
about 6 feet away. He was all fluffed up, sitting on the bird bath rim,almost
didn`t see the spots on his chest. But the white ring round his eye was easy to
spot. Getting out all my references, the id seemed closest to the thrush. Any
other ideas would be appreciated.
Almost felt guilty with such an effortless siting, compared to many of you
braving  the frigid weather for "a find".
Happy Birding to all!
N Russell
LaCrosse, Wi
LaCrosse County.