[wisb] Re: Spring Green sparrows (Nelson's & Le Conte's)

  • From: Aaron Holschbach <aholschbach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jjprestby@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 08:39:24 -0500

After seeing Tom's post I decided to check Peck Rd. again this morning
hoping for the LeConte's this time.  After about 15 minutes of
searching I was happy to get some pretty good looks at a LECONTE'S
SPARROW on the west side of the road.
About 5 minutes later a few NELSON'S SPARROWS put on a nice show.  For
about 15 minutes I watched them chasing each other around, with at
least 3 Nelson's visible at one point.
The only other species of note that was not in Tom's email was a
MERLIN that made a couple passes through the area.

Aaron Holschbach
Arena