[wisb] Special Bald Eagle treat in Duluth, MN

  • From: Erik Bruhnke <birdfedr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 09:34:44 -0500

Yesterday at Hawk Ridge, there was so much excitement in the air! Frank
Nicoletti banded a gorgeous immature Bald Eagle, and I wanted to share some
of the fun eagle-in-the-hand moments with you (and wanted to keep in touch
with all of the fellow Wisconsin birding friends). So far this season, we've
had 6100 raptors migrate past ridge. When those great (and refreshing)
northwest winds come through, expect part of this migration to come your
way.
Debbie and Karen, with the Bald Eagle
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/137864361

Look at the Bald Eagle's large talons!
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/137864363

That Bald Eagle is such a sharp-looking bird. In addition to the size of the
bill in the previous picture, look at the large bill that this beautiful
bird
has!
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/137864362

Karen with the Bald Eagle, which she adopted
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/137864370

These next photos are of Karen releasing the eagle, and the beautiful flight
of
this bird away from Hawk Ridge
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/137864369
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/137864365
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/137864366
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/137864367
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/137864368

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Bird photography and birding tours
www.pbase.com/birdfedr