[wisb] Speaking of Yahoo...

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 20:57:26 -0500

Freelists has developed an internal workaround that should (I emphasize
"should") allow folks with yahoo.com email addresses to once again post to
Wisbirdn.  If I'm understanding the fix as they explained it, the sender's
email address will not show up in the "From" line, which should prevent other
email servers from getting all worked up about it.

However, as Paul Roisen notes, this is a wider problem than just Wisbirdn, as
Yahoo's policies mess a lot of other email group lists up, so I'd still
recommended getting an alternate email account such as gmail, even if you only
use it for this purpose.

And now, back to our regularly-scheduled migration...

Peter Fissel
Wisbirdn Admin/Monitor Guy
Madison WI