[wisb] Snowy Owl - Green Lake Co.

  • From: "Tom Schultz" <trschultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WISBIRDN" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:05:45 -0600

Just had a darkish (probably an imm. female) Snowy Owl in southern Green
Lake County -- south of Markesan.  It was on Hwy. X, about a half mile west
of Hwy. A, on the south side of the road.  I saw a small flock of Snow
Buntings take off from the roadside and I stopped to follow their flight
with my bins, and they flew right over this Snowy (within the same field of
view)!

This location is also a few miles northeast of Lake Maria.

Tom Schultz
Green Lake Co.