[wisb] Sharpie mating question

  • From: DWIGHT ALTON <orion0323@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 19:34:52 -0500

 Have been watching a pair of Sharpies behind my house in Rockton for the last
two weeks. He keeps bringing her birds and then trying to mate with her. She is
trying to eat and makes a lot of noise when he gets on her back and it only
lasts for a few seconds. My question is, how long would it take for him to
inseminate her?