[wisb] Seagull id question

  • From: tonissa verhaagh <newbirding@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 19:52:01 -0500

We were in Kewaunee checking out the water birds and saw this seagull that
was among the Herring gulls.  I am wondering if this is just another Herring
gull or if it is possibly something else.(2nd-3rd w LBBG?) The bill is
black, darker grey flight feathers than the Herring and a black streak by
the eye.The picture was taken with a cell phone through our scope so it is
not the best, but viewable!
In this picture the gull is on the left
http://www.birdinginnortheastwisconsin.com/?attachment_id=205
Please let me know what you think.