[wisb] Sabine's Gull - Bayfield County

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:30:35 -0600

I had a SABINE'S GULL on Chequamegon Bay this morning, in the company of ~15
Bonaparte's Gulls off the old coaldock (near the marina) in Washburn, Bayfield
County. Unfortunately, it was distant and didn't stick around.

This was my first-ever Sabine's sighting here and only our second Chequamegon
Bay area record. There were many more Bonaparte's and terns (mostly Commons,
some Forster's) around today so I'd be surprised to not hear some good things
from those at Wisconsin Point this morning...

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady