[wisb] Red-shouldered Hawk

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 21:36:40 -0500

While this is not that unusual a bird, it is for my yard.  While
sitting on my deck this afternoon, I was surprised to watch a Red-
shouldered Hawk cruise right over the yard at treetop level.  It was
not a breeding plumaged adult but was obviously this species.  It
headed straight north.  One wonders where it came from and where it
was going.  There are none of this species nesting in the Appleton area.
Daryl Tessen
Appleton, WI