[wisb] Racine Co. Willets and Blue-Winged Warbler/Warbler Walks at Colonial Park

  • From: Jennifer Wenzel <miloloki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 06:13:00 -0500

Hi All,
Hoy Audubon Society hosted the first of our annual Warbler walks at
Colonial Park in Racine County last night. They will be held Wednesday
evenings through May at 5:30pm. Meet at the parking lot at the end of W.
High St. (West off of Hwy 38.) We usually walk towards the river where
we search for beautiful migrating warblers!

Last night we were treated to lots of YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS along the
river, my FOY BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS, and a beautiful BLUE-WINGED
WARBLER was the highlight of the walk! We also had looks at a perched
BROAD-WINGED HAWK.

Come on down and join us in the following weeks if you're in the area!

Also reported yesterday were 12 WILLETS in the morning by Eric H. at
North Beach and 8 WILLETS in the afternoon at Myers Park by Rick F. The
Avocet and Piping Plovers have not been seen since Sunday.

Thanks! Good Migration!

Jenny Wenzel
Caledonia
Racine Co.