[wisb] Racine Co. Raptors along the Lakefront

  • From: Jennifer Wenzel <miloloki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 15:48:27 -0500

Hi all,

A great day for birding the Racine lakefront today with Helen Pugh and
John Dixon. We saw the most raptors I've ever seen in the county! We
birded Wind Point and Cliffiside park and had all of these flying over...

Merlins
Peregrine Falcon
Osprey
Broad-winged Hawks-FOY
Red-Tailed Hawks
Harriers
Turkey Vultures
Kestrels
Coopers Hawks
Sharp-Shinned Hawks
Bald Eagle

Also had 5 swallow species along the lakefront (no Caves) and FOY Purple
Martin and Chimney Swift. I'll post my ebird lists later. Too nice to
sit in front of the computer for too long right now!! :)

Oh yeah, also had 4 Purple Finches on my feeders this weekend.

Bird on!

Jenny Wenzel
Caledonia
Racine Co.