[wisb] Racine Co. Lakefront-Surf Scoters-Red-Throated Loon

  • From: Jennifer Wenzel <niddpidd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:40:46 -0500

Hi All,

     Some of the Racine crew got together today to bird the lakefront.
Highlight was 12 SURF SCOTERS and one RED-THROATED LOON to the far, far
south from the south end of the piers at Shoop Park/Golf Course (south
of Wind Point). Also seen along Wind Point were BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS
AND FOY PALM WARBLERS, as well as a TOWHEE. Interestingly enough we
didn't see any yellow-rumpeds. Lots of CASPIAN TERNS, a few FORSTER'S
TERNS, BONAPARTE'S GULLS and many CORMORANTS flying through with
RED-BREASTED MERGANSERS.

     Carre-Hogle had 4 WILLETS on the far south break wall of rocks
(needed a scope). Myers Park had my FOY SPOTTED SANDPIPER.

Good Birding,

Jenny Wenzel
Caledonia
Racine Co.