[wisb] RWBB's in my yard - Milwaukee

  • From: Karen Johnson <kmjbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WISBIRDN <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 17:24:42 -0500

There are 3 female RWBB's and 1 Male in my postage stamp backyard.  There
are all eating hulled sunflower seeds.  Looks like he attracted these 3
females to the yard!
I'll have to watch for signs of nesting.
One year we had a pair of RWBB's nesting in my front yard.  We couldn't go
out the front door with out some kind of head gear on as the male dived
bombed us every time!  What's in store if these 3 females nest here?????
Our mailman wears a safari hat, so he'll be in good shape!

--
Karen Johnson
Milwaukee County