[wisb] RFI--Australia

  • From: "Seegert, Greg" <gseegert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 02:01:45 +0000

Wisbirders
In conjunction with going to Guam again to visit our daughter, my wife and I
would like to visit Australia, mainly to bird but also to sight-see. I have no
target birds in mind but would like to see as many birds as possible in 2-3
weeks. I'm looking for suggestions re places or parts of the country that
would give us the best bang for the buck, birdwise. I see that there are
several companies that provide 1-3 week bird tours. Any advice on which ones
might be a little better than the rest? Lastly, any recommendations re books
on Australia's birds, either where to find them or how to ID them?

Thanks in advance
Greg Seegert
On the shores of Beaver Dam L where we are in the midst of a huge blue-green
algae bloom. One of our dogs foolishly jumped in an turned....blue-green.