[wisb] Re: RFI Concordia hawk watch

  • From: "Jim Marrari" <jacamar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hopmoon@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 17:52:48 -0500

There's a main entrance station at the south end of campus.  I checked in
with the guy in the booth and he gave me a parking pass for the day.  I then
proceeded toward the bluff.  There's some flowers and a statue of two
biblical guys in a canoe, and that's where I hung out and watched for hawks.
The statue manages to break up the wind a little bit.  Otherwise there's no
shelter up there.

Things have changed up there.  New buildings going up and remodeling of the
bluff.  At least they've seeded the bluff with native species and they're
coming up nicely.

Jim Marrari
East Troy