[wisb] Re: RFI: Call ID needed - Outagamie Co.

  • From: Mike Duchek <mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:49:34 -0500

Thanks to all who replied with what is surely the answer - olive-sided
flycatcher.  Not a bird I would have expected to have around, but I guess I
did, though I never saw it.  Note my call I recorded sounds much faster than
the one on Cornell's site, but otherwise I think it's a match.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Olive-sided_Flycatcher/sounds

I'll try to go tonight and see if I hear the bird again but I am guessing that
will be doubtful.

Jon, perhaps this is the answer for you as well.

PS: We also seem to have orchard orioles.  I haven't seen baltimore orioles in
a couple weeks or so, but have seen male orchard orioles.  Anyone know if
orchard orioles also eat oranges?

-Mike Duchek, Waukesha, Waukesha Co.