[wisb] RFI Attracting Martins (no sightings)

  • From: Paul Hunter <phunter1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:46:46 -0600

I am interested in Bill Mueller's idea to have an MP3 player attached
to a martin house to play calls to attract them.  Powering the MP3
player is an issue.  I was thinking a photovoltaic cell might work,
but have no idea on cost, durability, reliability, and compatibility
with an MP3 player.  Please back channel with advice.

--- Paul Hunter, Whitefish Bay, Milwaukee County
  Secretary, Milwaukee Olmsted Bird Conservation Alliance of Wisconsin
  http://home.roadrunner.com/~phunter1/MOBCAW.html