[wisb] Re: Questions about Huge Purple Martin Colony in Adams, Co.

  • From: "Terri Welisek" <terriw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <schaufenbuel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 15:05:11 -0600

I'm familiar only with an enthusiast right in Calumet County at High Cliff
State Park. He monitors what must be nearly 300 pairs. He recently installed
a new 6-sided condo right at the edge of Lake Winnebago that houses about
200 pair. Because several of the houses are in the state park you can sit
right under them, watch banding, etc. Very nice set up. You might ask the
Park Officials his name so you can contact him as I've forgotten it but I
hear that he is very generous in sharing his enthusiasm.

Good Birding,

Terri Welisek
Sherwood, WI
Calumet County