[wisb] Possible glitch in hypertext links in WisBirdn posts

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:03:38 -0500

All -

Jym Mooney pointed out to me last night that for some reason, the
freelists.org links at the bottom of every WisBirdn post weren't working
  properly - the period at the end of each was causing the links to be
invalid.  As far as I can tell, this may have been limited to the
Internet Explorer browser, since they seem to work fine in Firefox.  Tom
Sykes has edited out the periods, which should take care of the problem
on new posts. If you're trying to link to Freelists (especially if
you're using IE) using an older link and it doesn't seem to be working,
try cutting and pasting the link into the search bar and edit out the
period at the end.

Peter Fissel
List Monitor and Clueless Technical Advisor
Madison WI