[wisb] Photos of Pheasant Taken at Sandhill Station Park in Lake Mills

  • From: Gail Brooks <gbrooks89@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 07:52:53 -0600

What a fun day of birding on Saturday as I meandered my way to Lake Mills area.
Highlights were seeing a Great Blue Heron at open waters outside of Marshall on
the corner of Hwy. 19 and Box Elder Road. Definitely capturing a couple of
photos of Pheasants outside the entrance to Sandhill Station State Park in Lake
Mills was a thrill. Their colors just popped with the winer scenery as the
backdrop. Click here to view a couple of photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/gbrooks6389/PheasantsAtSandhillStationStatePark?authkey=Gv1sRgCMDQx_vcg8bk-gE&feat=directlink

I'm definitely adding this area to my birding route. Such nice county and state
parks along with the Faville Grove Sanctuary. I was planning on trying to see
if the Short-eared Owls would be there, but didn't quite feel confident enough
that my car would make it through the snow. No doubt this will be possible in
the next couple of days with the warming trend on the way.

Gail Brooks
Sun Prairie, Dane                                         ####################