[wisb] Pacific Loon Madison- photos

  • From: tom prestby <jjprestby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:04:43 -0500

To my knowledge, nobody has posted photos yet of the Pacific Loon on Lake
Monona that Peter Fissel found a week ago. The bird was still present this
evening where Tod Highsmith reported it this morning on the NE portion of the
lake and I was able to get a few documentation photos. Not great pictures by
any means- but rather the distant, somewhat blurry, cold gray, yet ID'able type
that you expect for this species! They are posted in the WI Ebird rarity
gallery at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32746245@N03/5663229332/in/pool-980177@N22/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32746245@N03/5662662141/in/pool-980177@N22/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32746245@N03/5662661989/in/pool-980177@N22/