[wisb] PWGS and UWM Peregrines

  • From: "Cutright.Noel" <Noel.Cutright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 09:02:24 -0600

Following our nesting peregrines is a never-ending saga.  The message
below is from Greg Septon.
Noel Cutright, Ozaukee County

________________________________

Looks like the lone male peregrine at Port Washington Generating Station
attracted a female on Friday as seen on the web cam. The female I ID'd
here last November (Indy Froona (b/g) *V/*Y) became a regular fixture at
the UW Milwaukee site until February 17 when she got into a terrible
territorial battle with an unbanded adult female inside the nest box -
see attached links:    http://bit.ly/godcRr         http://bit.ly/hjVSpW

Since the battle, we've only seen the unbanded female at the
UW-Milwaukee site, and I'm thinking this is the same unbanded female
that has nested there since 2009. Now I'm wondering if Indy Froona may
be back at PWGS? The female in the web cam image on Friday is boldly
marked much like her - if so, it would make for an interesting story -
time (and getting her band number) will tell.