[wisb] Oystercatcher, Skimmer, Godwit last batch

  • From: <dkuecherer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 0:51:02 +0000

My last journey while on the Gulf Coast was to Mobil Bay and Dolphin Island in
Alabama.  I spent a couple of days there before heading back up north to this
blizzard that we just received.

What is worthy to mention, here a person can see at least 25 plus off shore oil
rigs.  There are vehicles traveling around with bumper stickers displaying the
BP (British Petroleum) insignia with the words Big Polluter. The rigs look like
big rusted out houses on pillars.  Other huge ships were going to and from them
with port a potties, food, supplies, etc.  On the white sandy beaches you had
to look real close to see hard balls made from the oil spill.  It does not look
that bad anymore.  We know what we saw on TV, with all the people helping to
clean off birds and other wildlife while it happened.

American Oystercatcher
http://www.pbase.com/gimpyshot/image/132256656
http://www.pbase.com/gimpyshot/image/132256660

Marbled Godwits
http://www.pbase.com/gimpyshot/image/132256672
http://www.pbase.com/gimpyshot/image/132256674

Black Skimmers
http://www.pbase.com/gimpyshot/image/132256662
http://www.pbase.com/gimpyshot/image/132256664

Sanderling
http://www.pbase.com/gimpyshot/image/132256678

Hope you enjoy, these are the last I will put on from the long excursion.  I
still have loads of flicks to go through yet on my chips.

Dennis Kuecherer
Mequon, Ozaukee County