[wisb] Onalaska migrants and new arrivals

  • From: Mary Strasser <mrstrass@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:21:17 -0500

Sorry for the late post, but I had a ruby-crowned kinglet, several
yellow-rumps, and a fly-over flock of 6 sandhill cranes around my hillside
Onalaska yard on Tues., April 12, of this week.  A green darner dragonfly was
flying over my front yard prairie areas that day as well.

Also this week, I've been seeing 4 different flickers interacting together.
There seem to be two mated pairs vying for territory.  A pair of sapsuckers has
been hanging around an old snag in the woods above my house.  A bluebird couple
has been chasing a chickadee couple away from a backyard birdhouse.

Heard my first treefrog of the year in my front yard yesterday afternoon.

Mary Strasser in Onalaska
La Crosse County