[wisb] Olive Sides Flycatcher & Connecticut Warbler - Cherokee Lake Dane

  • From: Dan Graham <theluckiest2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 10:33:02 -0700 (PDT)

Went birding at the School Rd entrance area for the Cherokee Lake path with my
dad. Had over 60 species with highlights being the Olive Sided Flycatcher at
top of hill on edge of woods near the clearing. Connecticut Warbler way in the
back at woods in edge of marsh. Twenty minutes of chasing and listening got two
brief looks at it on the ground. Peregrine Falcon soaring in wind above. Also
Cape May, Prothonotary, Blackburnian, Black Throated Green, Yellow Throated
Vireo, Palm Warbler, Blue Gray Gnatcatchers, and Rose Breasted Grosbeaks all in
one tree.

If directions needed to any sightings let me know.

Happy Birding
Dan G

Sent from my iPhone