[wisb] Odd Rock Pigeon, etc. Town of Lebanon, Dodge County

  • From: "Eileen Worman" <eileenworman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:38:11 -0500

We had the oddest looking Rock Pigeon (at least that's what I assume it is) in
our yard very briefly yesterday. I've never seen one with such distinct black
and white patterns. I got a not-so-great shot of it that I've posted to my
Flickr page, which you can see here, if you'd like.:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/beanheadwisconsin/19246507573/in/photostream/
We've been enjoying the company of a Sora the last week or so and had a
beautiful male Scarlet Tanager in the yard a couple days ago. We've got a Sedge
Wren or two downhill, as well.
Our Baltimore and Orchard Orioles have fledged as well as Eastern Meadowlarks
and Bobolinks (the Bobolinks have since left the area), and many other species,
too.
We're usually seeing around 40 or so species each day in our yard at this
point. Like last summer, there are mornings I'm wearing a coat out there to do
my birdwatching!
Eileen Worman
Town of Lebanon, Dodge County