[wisb] Re: OT Wisconsin moose

  • From: "Kevin Kearns" <dkkearns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 16:29:47 -0500

Dawn and I were driving through this area about 10-12 years ago and saw a
female moose walk across the road in front of us. We stopped and checked the
tracks, they were huge!

In the Wis state Journal yesterday was an article about a Cougar that was
caught on tape near Mauston. People have been saying for a couple years now
that there was one or more present, now there is verifiable proof. Pretty
cool with the Grey Wolf coming back as well as the Elk which appear to be
doing pretty well all things considered. Now if only we could get the
Prairie chicken, Whooping Cranes etc to follow their lead.

Kevin Kearns
Lake Mills (where we have not had wolves or cougars in >150 years)