[wisb] Northern Mockingbird in Wausau, Marathon Co.

  • From: Dan Belter <bwhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lane, Terry" <tlane2022@xxxxxxxxx>, Terry Lane <tlane@xxxxxxxxx>, WBC - Jeff Moore <moore804@xxxxxxxxxxx>, WBC - Kate Srozinski <Ken6600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, WBC - Lynn Ott <lynnie63@xxxxxxxxxxx>, WBC - Sue Hoffert <surprise42@xxxxxxx>, WBC / WBU - Lori Schubring <wbuwausau@xxxxxxxxx>, Wisconsin Bird Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 15:21:06 +0000 (UTC)

I made my birding rounds this morning after getting off work at 7 a.m. The last
park I decided to checkout was Radtke Point Park on Lake Wausau. As I was
driving into the park I flushed up a Northern Mockingbird that was foraging
along side the road, near the far end parking lot. After parking my car, I
relocated it, and watched it forage in the lawn next to the bushes along the
outer edge of the park towards the airport property. I also called another
local birder (Mary Backus) to come out for a look at it. She arrived and also
took some photos of it, which she will be posting to the local Wildbirds
Unlimited/Wausau facebook site.

Dan Belter
Village of Weston
Marathon Co, WI