[wisb] Noisy gulls - reminiscent of soundtrack from Hitchcock's "The Birds"

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:50:05 -0800 (PST)

There were hundreds of vociferous gulls on the ice near the entrance to the
Discovery World harbor today. The sounds kinda reminded me of the background
noise in Alfred Hitchcock's film "The Birds".

I took a short video to record the sounds. My Flip video camera doesn't have
the world's best microphone when the wind is blowing, so I couldn't get as
close as I wanted. I shot the video from a sheltered spot on the deck at
Milwaukee's Discovery World. You probably should turn up your computer's volume
all the way to approximate the full effect of what it sounded like...

Here's the video: http://bit.ly/eWMTIa

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee