[wisb] [No Subject]

  • From: Hakim Barrett <heyheystop@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 19:54:16 -0700 (PDT)

There are lots of migrants coming in from the south, including resident birds
such as Bald Eagles.
Today's checklist:
3 Wood ducks
10+Red-wings and Common grackles
Blue Jays (heard but not seen)
Northern Cardinals
Black-capped Chickadees
Common Crows
Turkey Vultures...I didn't recall seeing any Eagles today, but I saw one
recently soaring over the Wis. River area. There are also lots of singing
Robins, and you can see them flying back and forth across the Wis. River area.
Long Island could be a good place to go birding, rare migrants may pass
through. There are fish jumping lately, and the fishing has been increasing as
the water temp. warms up. I think the waterfowl will have good chance catching
the fish and there would be more fisherman as of tomorrow when this
thunderstorm is ended. Tonight it looks like there is a big thunderstorm headed
towards the surrounding counties.

Hakim Barrett
Sauk Co.