[wisb] Nine Springs - Spotted Towhee - Sun 4/20

  • From: "Josh Mayer" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (REDACTED: yahoo.com uses DMARC)
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 08:29:31 -0700 (PDT)

I observed the poss. spotted towhee in the reported spot from 8:45-9:10 this
morning.  As has been mentioned, various other sparrows including Am. Tree,
Song, White-throated, Fox will typically first make their way out of the
shrubbery to the shoulder of the path on the north side.  Eventually, the Sp.
Towhee will appear.  I did not hear it vocalize during this time.  I did also
see another Towhee briefly emerge and forage.  It appeared to be a "regular"
female Eastern Towhee.  Pictures will be uploaded by the end of the night after
Easter festivities.

Josh
Madison, WI (Dane)

Life Bird List: http://wiscsnablog.wordpress.com/2014/03/19/lifebirds/