[wisb] Nine Springs

  • From: Kim Kreitinger <k.kreitinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 14:48:09 -0500

I birded Nine Springs this morning. Not large numbers of shorebirds but a
few different species: Spotted Sandpiper, Pectoral Sandpiper, Greater and
Lesser Yellowlegs, and Least Sandpiper. A Solitary Sandpiper was seen on the
bike trail west of Nine Springs. Also my FOY Great Egret and Bank Swallow.
At Lake Farm County Park, birds of note were Nashville Warbler, Palm
Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Yellow-rumpeds, Great-crested Flycatcher, Veery,
and White-crowned Sparrow.

Kim Kreitinger
Madison, WI