[wisb] Nice flight over Oshkosh, Monday

  • From: Paul Bruce <birdsandfish50@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 08:04:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hey everyone,  thanks to that rain and front from Sunday I observed some decent
stuff heading south and or thru my neighborhood.  Several geese flocks, with a
Cackler in one flock, 2 flocks of Bonaparte's gulls  (~80 and 10), many
yellowrump warblers, 4 raptors
4 turkey vultures, Cooper's Hawk, a single Broadwing and a harrier.  Not
surprising was
a couple of pine siskins thru my back yard, plus some White-thr. Sparrows in my
mint patch.
I checked out Campbell Creek this am, too. Got Wood ducks and a Kingfisher,
plus other standards. Sounds like things may slow down today with the warmup on
the way.
Good luck with western rarities,
Paul Bruce, Oshkosh
Winnebago Co