[wisb] Nicaragua Birding Trip

  • From: Bill Volkert <billvolkert11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 10:51:00 -0500

I have been working in Nicaragua since 2002 on a variety of bird
conservation and education projects. Among the things I have done to help
them develop their emerging ecotourism was to write a book "Where to Watch
Birds in Nicaragua" as well as update and revise a checklist of the birds
of Nicaragua. (both of these are available through me or Buteo Books, if
anyone is interested). A field guide to the birds of Nicaragua was also
recently published after many years of work and was written by my friends,
Liliana Chavarria-Duriaux and Juan Carlos Martinez-Sanchez.
When my book came out last year I decided to kick this off by leading a
birding trip to Nicaragua. It turned out to be a very successful trip and
therefore I have decided to organize another birding trip to Nicaragua for
February 2016. Among the places we will visit is El Jaguar Reserve, owned
by Liliana and her husband. They will be banding birds on the property for
our tour among other things.

If anyone has an interest in what I am offering and the sites we will be
visiting, you can go to my website at www.billvolkert.com.

Bill Volkert
Campbellsport, FdL Co.