[wisb] New Photos

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 17:02:13 -0500

Hey everyone,
With the weather on Sat, I wasn't out birding so I took advantage of the time
to upload some new photos. If you haven't been to my Flickr page in a while,
check it out. I've got some new photos up from the past month or so:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto/

Here're a few of my favorites:
Tree Swallow:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto/5624767329/in/photostream
American Robin:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto/5624755773/in/photostream
Wood Duck:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto/5560065987/in/photostream
Blue Catfish:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto/5560044147/in/photostream
Paddlefish:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto/5560037111/in/photostream
White-crowned Sparrow:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto/5536539532/in/photostream
Sunset: http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto/5549412416/in/photostream

Here are a few recent photos that are some of my favorite photos that I've ever
taken:
American Robin:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto/5527205944/in/photostream
White-winged Scoter:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto/5526600565/in/photostream
American Kestrel:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto/5526599393/in/photostream
Pine Grosbeak:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto/5495577587/in/photostream

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County Interpretive Naturalist Mississippi
Explorer Cruises
http://mississippiexplorer.com/
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.nabirding.com/http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)