[wisb] NE Milwaukee Cty - Doctor's Park and Fox Point

  • From: Petherick Chris <cpetherick@xxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Wisconsin Bird List <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:11:59 -0500

Hello,

For the second day in a row I have been lucky enough to have the Black
Throated Blue Warbler feeding from my jelly feeders.  I also had a
bright oriole sharing it today, which has been fun to watch.  In
addition to the yard birds I walked down to the beach at Doctor's Park
and was able to find a Semipalmated Plover, Semipalmated Sandpiper and
a Spotted Sandpiper, along with Cormorants, Herring and RB Gulls and a
single mallard.  Interestingly, I didn't see a single warbler in the
park itself - probably just didn't look hard enough.

Chris Petherick
Fox Point, Northeastern Milwaukee County