[wisb] Myer's Park - Racine - 9/1-photos

  • From: Jeremy Meyer <jmeyer4044@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 07:07:30 -0500

Good morning, on Sunday, I spent the late morning/afternoon at Samuel
Myer's Park, in Racine.  There were a lot of birds, probably the most I've
seen in the last month.  There was a group of 9 Sanderlings on the beach,
right near the break wall.  One was an adult and the rest were juvenile.
It was funny, because the juveniles chased the lone adult away every time
it came close. There were 10+ of each of the following, Semipalmated
Plovers/Sandpipers, Least Sandpipers and Killdeer.  There were 5 Pectoral
Sandpipers, I previously only saw 1 at any given time, 4 Spotted Sandpipers
(3 juvenile & 1 adult) and 1 Short-billed Dowitcher (lifer).  I did not see
any Black-bellied Plovers. There was also a old looking Great Blue Heron,
which I didn't see catch anything the whole time I was there.  Here is a
link to some photos of the SB Dowitcher & Sanderlings.
Have a great day
https://www.flickr.com/photos/20birds08/

Jeremy Meyer
Franklin, Milwaukee