[wisb] My mystery duck is still a mystery

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 13:37:54 -0700 (PDT)

I've received some interesting replies about the mystery duck I photographed
behind the Milwaukee Art Museum yesterday. Some thought it was a White-winged
Scoter (my original impression until I looked at the photos). Some thought it
was a Long-tailed Duck. Others thought maybe a Ruddy Duck or Blue-winged Teal.
And quite a few others basically said "I don't know what the heck it is".

I decided to post a few more photos on Flickr in case they might help the ID
process. They aren't the clearest photos in the world because I was shooting
into the sun's glare using an LCD viewfinder on a small camera at a distance.
But they do offer various angles of the bird. Let me know what you all think:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/7198223486/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/7198218680/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/7198212704/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/7198207760/sizes/l/in/photostream/