[wisb] Muscoda area, Sunday

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 10:50:44 -0600

 Pat Ready, Nolan ,chuck and I headed over to the Muscoda area to look for
Golden Eagles. Weather seemed ideal , but the eagles weren't soaring. We lucked
into seeing one adult golden as I was trying to do a Y turn on Studnika. We
just left the van sideways and got out and enjoyed the view. Not many Bald
Eagles inland.
 Pat's new binoculars were working well. He spotted a female Purple finch at a
feeder and a W-t sparrow at another.
 We had a number of both dark and light Rough-legged Hawks for the day. No
shrikes.
 We had some Common Redpolls out in a field with Horned Larks. Had nice views
of bluebirds. A few Snow buntings.
 We had to cut the trip short, because I had to work. Steve Thiessen Stoughton
Dane co.