[wisb] Re: More shorebird madness!! (Mississippi River, Prairie Du Chien)

  • From: Alex Stark <thearctictern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 20:27:02 -0500

Hey guys,

First off....whoa...i don't know what happened on that reply message.
Thought I had all that stuff worked out when I got my new phone.

What I meant to say was that I'll break the suspense and tell you all
that it was a RED-NECKED PHALAROPE.....a block away from my home!
Added 6 new BIGBY shorebirds today all thanks to a tip off from Chris
West.

Seems to be more red-necked phalaropes inland this year than in
typical years. I wouldnt think this be drought related as these birds
are typically pelagic. Any theories?

But yes, shorebirds ARE few and far between on the
Mississippi...especially Red-necked Phalaropes.

Bird on,

Alex Stark, Prairie du Chien