[wisb] Mini-fallout in Madison

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 10:08:35 -0500

I just had a little migrant wave pass through my yard on the SE side of Madison
- couple of YR Warblers, two or three Hermit Thrushes, and a White-throated
Sparrow.  Guess I should get off the computer and get outside to see what else
is out there...

Speaking of which, weather permitting (there are some showers moving in from
the west, I see), there will be a Scope Day at Goose Pond in Columbia County
this afternoon from 1-3 p.m.  Lester Doyle and I will be there to help folks
locate and ID waterfowl.  Mark Martin said some Tundra Swans had come in
earlier in the week, and there should be a good variety of ducks and geese to
sort through.  For directions, see the MAS website:
http://madisonaudubon.org/audubon/index.htm

Peter Fissel
Madison, Dane Co.