[wisb] Milwaukee Riverside Park, Blue-winged Teal

  • From: Paul Hunter <phunter1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 16:27:30 -0500

Dear Wisconsin Birders,

During a brief walk along the western bank of the Milwaukee River
just south of Locust Street around 11 AM today I saw the sky blue
wing patches of a male Blue-winged Teal flashing in the sun as he and
another small duck flew north just above the water near Riverside
Park.  That was my first for the year. Also I saw and heard a Song
Sparrow, Common Grackles, a Brown-headed Cowbird, and Red-winged
Blackbirds.

--- Paul Hunter
Whitefish Bay, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
  http://home.roadrunner.com/~phunter1/lakeparkbirds.html
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LakeParkBirds/
---
Warbler Walks at Lake Park
Saturdays, 8:30 to 10:00 AM
Spring 2014: April 19, 26, May 3, 10, 17, and 24

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 09:28:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dennis Casper <denncasp.bird@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wisb] Urban Ecology Center Bird Walk, March 27, 2014 ...

29  Canada Goose