[wisb] Milwaukee Lakefront, 12/29 - Lots of ducks, and icy beaches

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 21:59:54 -0800 (PST)

I walked the northern half of my walking BIGBY route on Wednesday, and recorded
the most ducks I've ever seen there. There was a continous line of ducks
offshore from the southern part of McKinley Beach to almost the north end of
Bradford Beach. I'm conservatively estimating maybe 15,000 ducks, mostly Scaups.

The lakefront ice was interesting as well. Here are some decent cell phone
photos of the ice:

http://bit.ly/dNCoGU
http://bit.ly/h71tnX
http://bit.ly/ibwh9i