[wisb] Milwaukee Lakefront, 11/30/11 - Photos

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:32:55 -0800 (PST)

I walked down to the Milwaukee Art Museum today to check out the King Eider.
Lots of good views of the bird, but I didn't get any good photos...too busy
talking to folks. Already had some good photos anyway. :-)

Some other highlights:

* More Cackling Geese. I've found Cacklers on each of my last ten visits to the
Milwaukee lakefront. Here's a photo of one bird I found today while viewing the
Eider. The Cackler is in the upper right of the photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6433546549/in/photostream

* Sure sign of winter. Icicles hanging from a railing behind the Milwaukee Art
Museum. They were formed when wind-whipped waves crashed up on the sidewalk:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6433662385/in/photostream

* Best photo of a Scaup I've ever had:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6433878887/in/photostream

* Best Bufflehead duck photo opportunity I've ever had. Decided on these two
photos of a male/female pair:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6433874949/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6433873385/in/photostream

* Finally, a pair of lazy gulls soaking up the afternoon sun:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6433876671/in/photostream

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee