[wisb] Milwaukee Harlequin Duck -- YES at 3:10PM

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:37:37 -0800 (PST)

The male Harlequin Duck was still hanging around Milwaukee's North
Point/Bradford Beach area when I left at 3:10PM today.

It was hanging around with a Bufflehead in a slightly different location than
when I saw it yesterday. Yesterday it was visible off of North Point (the area
with the large white limestone rocks that are fairly close to Lincoln Memorial
Drive). Today I had to go to the far north end of Bradford Beach (there's a
little point consisting of a few large boulders). The bird was fairly close to
shore in this spot, along with the Bufflehead.

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee