[wisb] Migrants- Warblers, Philadelphia Vireo- Richland County

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 09:05:51 -0500

Hey everyone,
I spent about an hour birding the yard this morning and came up with 7 species
of Warblers and 3 Vireos.
The migrant Warblers were: Magnolia, Tennessee, Redstart, Blue-winged,
Black-and-white, Wilson's, N Waterthrush

The 3 Vireos were: Red-eyed, Yellow-throated, Philadelphia

Some other migrants present were: Field Sparrow, Cedar Waxwing,

Also had a Common Yellowthroat still feeding young.  Interesting.

At Lawler Park in Prairie Du Chien on Sunday, I found a lone Bonaparte's Gull.

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County Interpretive Naturalist Mississippi
Explorer Cruises
http://mississippiexplorer.com/chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.nabirding.com/http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)